Please Join Us - Become a Member of the Friends of the Norwell Council on Aging
Who are we?
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization of people of all ages, who support the Council on Aging.
What are some of the things we do?
- Friends underwrite a variety of cultural and arts programs, such as Birds of Winter and Drumming Classes. We also help facilitate many programs and trips by simplifying the payment process. .
- Friends host the annual Veterans Luncheon at the senior center and help underwrite the cost of some of our special events such as the Oktoberfest, Take Me Out to the Ballgame luncheon, Lobster Lunch and ice cream truck, and the annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. We also provide periodic petty cash for miscellaneous items.
- Friends assist in meeting equipment and supply needs at the senior center which are not funded through the Town operating budget. This year we assisted with the purchase of a new Grindmaster Precision Brew Coffee machine, as well the the license for the Studica Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Friends provide postage and prepare the mailing of the bi-monthly newsletter to 1,600 households, provide the Post Office box and bulk mailing permit.
- Friends provide support for the Council on Aging outreach efforts by providing emergency assistance for Norwell residents experiencing unexpected financial crisis.
The Friends seek donations through membership and fundraising events which are used to assist and supplement the financial needs of the Council on Aging. The money raised helps purchase needed items and subsidize programs
We welcome any volunteers to help organize, fundraise, or offer programs that enhance the work of the Council on Aging. We hope that you will utilize the continually expanding range of opportunities available at the senior center as detailed in the monthly newsletter and calendar. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Friends of the Norwell COA, Inc. 2019 Annual Dues and Donations
____ Individual $10 ____Couple $15 ____ Additional Donation
Please make checks payable to Friends of Norwell COA, Inc.
Clip and mail to: Friends of the Norwell COA, P.O. Box 699, Norwell, MA 02061 or drop it off at the Council On Aging Office at 293 Pine St.
If you choose not to join, you are still eligible to receive any service or assistance that you need throught the Council on Aging. Thank you for your generosity.
Pat Butler, President
Bernard Perry and John Holmes, Co-Vice Presidents
Caroline LaCroix, Treasurer