This page will be updated frequently as more information becomes available.
The Norwell Emergency Management Team consists of multiple Departments & Services during this evolving situation. Board of Health, Police, Fire, Town Administration, Norwell Schools, Council on Aging, Norwell CERT, Norwell VNA & Hospice, and more. This page acts as the single source for Public Information during this situation. The Norwell Police & Fire/Emergency Management Facebooks, Twitter accounts, and Norwell Emergency Alert Systems are utilized to consolidate and spread knowledge & important information out to our residents.
Norwell Case Numbers as of 10/16/20:
Total Cases: 151
Cases Recovered: 115
Norwell Community-Level Metrics Status: Green
COVID-19 Community-Level Data Map
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or develop symptoms, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
- For general information via phone on COVID-19 please contact the Mass 2-1-1 information line.
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
What You Need to Know:
- Halloween Safety to Limit the Risk of COVID-19 Exposure
- On July 24, Governor Baker issued an order related to new travel requirements, effective August 1. More information can be found here.
- On May 18, Governor Baker issued an order outlining the phased reopening of workplaces and imposing workplace safety measures to address COVID-19. Further information on the order, can be found here. For more information on the phased reopening, including sector specific guidance. Please visit the State's Reopening Massachusetts website here.
- Governor Charlie Baker has issued an executive order requiring all residents to wear a mask in public places when it is not possible to maintain proper social distancing. This applies to workers and customers of essential businesses like groceries and pharmacies. The order is effective 12:01am, Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Additional guidance on that order, can be found here.