Stetson Meadows Cemetery


The lands in Norwell were first settled in 1634 as a part of Satuit (later Scituate) by Cornet Robert Stetson and his wife Honor Tucker Stetson.  The Stetsons were granted extensive lands on the North River—some of which include what is today Stetson Meadows Cemetery.  When the need for additional cemetery space arose as Washington Street Cemetery grew full, the Town of Norwell voted to begin the permitting and design for a cemetery at Stetson Meadows—a portion of which would remain the Stetson Meadows Conservation Area.  Construction of the Stetson Meadows Cemetery began in 2015, and the first burial took place in 2017.