By order of the Governor, smoke and CO inspections required under Section 26F and 26F1/2 have been deferred up to ninety days after this state of emergency is lifted provided:
A. The buyer and seller agree, in writing, that the buyer not the seller shall be responsible to equip the property with compliant smoke and CO detectors/alarms and
B. The buyer agrees to equip the property in accordance with 527 CMR 1.00, Chapter 13.
In addition to notifying you of these changes, the state will also be notifying other interested parties (i.e. The Massachusetts Realtors Association and Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association) and will ask those parties to widely disseminate the attached orders.
- The Norwell Police Station main lobby is restricted to visitors. We continue to provide 24-hour service and protection for our community. Please call our business line at (781)659-7979 and press 9 for all non-emergency calls. For emergencies, always call 911.
- The following community services have been suspended until further notice: Child Car Seat installations, RAD Kids, Community group tours of police station, Internships. License to Carry Permits - we will not be accepting any new LTC/FID requests until further notice. For LTC’s that are close to expiration, our Firearms Licensing Officers will work to process the applications for you. We ask that you please call the station first.
- Please only use 911 in an emergency.
- Please do not drop off baked goods. The sentiment is appreciated but it may create an unintended risk for employees.
- Public Safety (Polce & Fire) administrative offices are closed to the public.
- Business lines will be answered (Police (781) 659-7979, Fire (781) 659-8158, Power Outages 1-800-465-1212).