Welcome to the Town of Norwell, a picturesque, residential community of approximately 10,701 residents. The Town Clerk's Office provides the following services:
• Records and maintains vital records (Birth, Death, Marriages);
• Issues licenses for: Marriages, and Dogs;
• Issues Burial Permits;
• Underground storage tank renewals;
• Raffle and Bazaar Permits;
• Issues Business Certificates;
• Registers Voters
• Prepares Census/Street Listings
• Provides Notarial Services.
Town Clerk Patricia M. Anderson and her Assistant, Laurie A. Davis, are both Notaries. Documents needing notarizing should not be signed until the Clerk or Assistant Clerk reviews the documents, checks the photo ID of the person needing the notarization, and the oath is given. This is a complimentary service to all town residents.
The Town Clerk prepares, updates, prints and sells Norwell Zoning Bylaws for $20.00, Planning Board Rules and Regulations, for $30.00 and Town Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. Currently these sell for $20.00 each. maps and zoning maps are also available here.