Prescription & Over the Counter Medications
- Do not flush or put prescription medicine down the drain.
- By law, once a prescription has been issued, the pharmacy cannot take it back.
- Unused pharmaceuticals found in the trash may be stolen for unregulated use.
- Antibiotics kill beneficial microbes in septic and wastewater treatment systems. Other medications, even at very low concentrations, may have serious detrimental effects on fish, other aquatic life, and drinking water.
- Liquid Medications can be poured into a container of inedible material like cat litter, coffee grounds or dirt and thrown away in your regular trash.
The Norwell Police Department located at 300A Washington Street has a kiosk for unwanted pill form medications inside the lobby, open 24/7, no questions asked.