Medical Sharps (Needles, Syringes, and Lancelets)
- Do not put medical sharps in trash or recycling.
- Needles and lancets may infect people or animals who come in contact with trash or recycling. It is illegal to dispose with trash and to mix with recycling
- The Town of Norwell offers free sharps disposal for residents at the Norwell Fire Dept. Headquarters located at 300 Washington St.
- We accept any FDA approved sharps container which can be purchased online or at your local pharmacy.
If you cannot obtain a FDA approved sharps container, you can use an empty household container with the following features:
- Tight-fitting lid that cannot be punctured
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Does not leak
- A common use acceptable household container is an empty and rinsed out Laundry Detergent bottle
- Unacceptable container examples are: Milk containers/jugs, soda, juice, and water bottles,and all glass containers
Before dropping off a household container at the Fire Station:
- Secure the lid and tape shut
- Clearly label the container as "Sharps Biohazard"