Winter Program Updates & Changes:
- Snow Cancellation Policy = No School = No "Rec" (including Blue Hills Ski/Ride Lessons)
Spring 2014 brochure will be available for preview online & should be in residents mailboxes on Feb 26. Spring Online Sign-ups for residents starts Wed, Mar 5 @ 10am. Online has 1st priority for residents.
Summer 2014 Job Application Deadline is Thursday, March 13. Positions are open to ages 16 & older - recreation playground leaders make great summer jobs for college & older high shchool students. Complete applications must be accompanied by three (3) written letters of recommendation. A printable application may be downloaded from the link above "Employment Application".
The Spring Brochure will be mailed to residents & available for online preview on Feb 26. Online signups began Mar 5 for residents & Mar 10 for all others. Look for Rec afterschool sports, kinder enrichment, pre-schooler weeplaytime, adult sports & fitness, and much more.
REGISTER BEFORE DEADLINE DATES! Remember if we do not have minimum numbers by the deadlines, the program may be cancelled. Register early so a good program doesn't "die"! If we have minimums, signups continue as long as programs have space. We will continue to accept registrations until programs are full or have already started.
SPRING ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR RESIDENTS BEGINS - WED, MARCH 5 @ 10AM & CONTINUES UNTIL PROGRAMS ARE FULL OR DEADLINES ARE PAST.
WALKINS, MAILINS, NON-RESIDENTS register startinging MARCH @ 9AM if space is still available. The printed brochure will be mailedTO RESIDENTS & available on Feb 26.
Remember to update your phone numbers and emails for each family member...you do not need to create a new account to do this!
If you use an Apple product for online registration, it is suggested you use Mozilla Firefox as the search engine for best compatibility.
- If you already have an account, you do not need to create a new one (if you remember your login & password!) - just click to "My Accounts" at the online registration site. If you have forgotten your login or password, give us a call (781-659-8046) before the "opening" day rush & office staff will help you.
- If you are using an "Apple" product, it works best with "Mozilla Firefox" search engine which is a free download.
- Norwell residents have first priority for WINTER online signups December 4-8.
- Online gets the first chance to register! ONLINE LINK-CLICK HERE.
- Have your account ready before that time! Call us if you have problems 781-659-8046, Mon-Thurs, 9a-2p (except holidays)
- If space is still available after online signups: Mail-ins, Walk-ins, drop-offs, & non-residents will start on December 9 @ 10a. Click here for the off line registration form.
- Online registrations continue for all until programs until they are full or deadlines reached. Let's not watch a good program get cancelled because you waited too long to sign-up. We must have minimum numbers by the deadline dates. Click above to start your online experience.
- Click here for Registration Information & Policies It is best to read the policies before you register especially as concerns withdrawals and refunds!
Norwell Recreation Department is commited to providing great programs at great value. Activity fees support all departmental expenses except the director's salary, which is the only budget item. This has resulted in slightly higher program fees. If you need assistance, please contact Dale Connor, Recreation Director.
The Recreation Commission has an opening. If you have an interest in improving recereational activities and events in Norwell and to move forward the recreational goals of the new Open Space & Recreation Plan 2012-2019 please contact the Board of Selectmen to apply.
Recreation Commission Members:
Ginny Maree, Chair
Membership Opening - If interested, please apply with Board of Selectmen
Mission Statement: To provide leisure opportunities to citizens of Norwell for enrichment of mind, body, and quality of life.
We program leisure activities for all ages and interests. Program brochures are mailed to all Norwell residents four times each year -- Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring. Our seasonal brochure is now on-line on this site. We always welcome program ideas and are looking for instructors for our activities. Let us know if you have a talent or idea to share! We maintain a master schedule of usage for all the town's athletic fields and gymnasiums and the permit process starts at the Recreation Office.
The Recreation Department is a programming department, and although not responsible for facility improvements and maintenance, we support efforts to make improvements to athletic fields and facilities. It should be a high priority so all athletes, young and older, recreational and competitive, can enjoy the best and safest facilities.
Town fields and grounds are maintained by the Tree & Grounds Department, please direct your questions to them, 781-659-8042.
Most Youth / Adult Sport Leagues are run by independent associations and are not under the Norwell Recreation's jurisdiction. They are always looking for volunteers to get involved. Your questions should be directed to the appropriate league contact website or person listed under the above link "Other Youth / Adult Organizations for Norwell".