We Need You to Become a Member of the
Friends of the Norwell Council on Aging
Become a Member of the Friends of the Norwell Council on Aging
Who are we?
The friends are a non-profit charitable organization formed for the purpose of providing financial support in the developmennt and maintenance of the senior center, and to provide services to persons in the town sixty years of age and over.
What are some of the things we do?
· Friends underwrite a variety of cultural and arts programs, including the new and exciting Senior Learning Network programs, Art Matters program, Circle of Change and computer courses offered at the Council.
· Friends have recently purchased a web cam, a computer and the software needed for our distance learning program, Senior Learning Network. We not only can see the broadcasts, we are able to interact with the presenters and ask questions because of this new technology. If you haven’t had a chance to take in one of these classes, stop by. You will enjoy it.
· Friends host and fund barbeques and luncheons during the year. This includes our latest very successful luncheon for our Veterans. We also hire entertainment for parties.
· Friends provide postage and prepare the mailing of the bi-monthly newsletter, which gives a calendar of events and articles of interest.
· Friends provide support for anyone who is experiencing unexpected financial crisis in the town of Norwell.
These are just a few ways that we have helped support the needs of the Council this year.
The success of the Council on Aging depends a great deal on the assistance of “Friends” and we urge you, too, to become a “Friend”. We also hope that you will utilize the many opportunities available here at the Council on Aging as detailed in our bi-monthly newsletter and calendar. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Friends of the Norwell COA, Inc. 2015 Annual Dues and Donations
____ Individual $10 ____Couple $15 ____ Additional Donation
Please make checks payable to Friends of Norwell COA, Inc.
Clip and mail to: Friends of the Norwell COA, P.O. Box 699, Norwell, MA 02061
or drop it off at the Council On Aging Office at 293 Pine St.
If you choose not to join, you are still eligible to receive any service or assistance that you need. However, your financial support will help continue the programs and services that keep our seniors healthy, active and a vital asset to our community. Thank you for your generosity.
Pat Butler, President
Maureeen Melanson, Vice President
Carloine LaCroix, Treasurer
Judy Kelly, Secretary